4th of July Party Guide
Show your patriotic pride and celebrate America with our handy 4th of July Party Guide. The brilliant sun, the smell of the grill and of course, the fireworks are just some of the reasons we love the 4th of July holiday. We’ve rounded up everything from festive party food to decorations and libations so you can celebrate independence in style.
A party isn’t a party without a few festive decorations. String up some fireworks lights and Flag bunting and get ready to have a great time!
Start by setting a long table with a cheery red checkered tablecloth or go simple with a white tablecloth offset with a striped umbrella to keep your guests cool in the July heat. Line the table with Mason jars filled with red, white and blue jelly beans or candies — or add some light with battery-powered votives.
Your guests will feel nostalgic eating from a retro burger basket — just like you’re favorite diner uses (so cute!). Skip the disposable napkins for red, white and blue bandanas. They’re less likely to blow away and you can throw them in the washer for your next party. Don’t forget to set out a few citronella candles, like this set of cheery glass candles — you’ll make everyone’s night better.
Everyone expects the classics, and we love them, too. But why not try something a little different this year?
- Apricot BBQ Rib Recipe — Sweet, smoky and so worth the wait.
- Grilled Pizza — This will be your new favorite grilled go-to.
- Try one of these outrageous recipes featuring Jackfruit — you won’t even miss the meat!
- 15 Simple Skewers That Are Perfect For Summer — Something for everyone, perfect for a casual day outside.
- Grilled Corn — Seriously, you can’t have a cook-out without it, try a flavored butter for a kick.
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad — just like your fave dinner side, in salad form. Find the recipe at Brown Eyed Baker.
- Watermelon Feta Blueberry Salad — The most patriotic salad on the block. Find the recipe at Running In A Skirt.
From pies to grilled desserts, there’s a tasty treat for everyone.
- A “berry” good All-American Flag pie. Find the recipe at Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- A sundae bar with all the fixins’ or make it easy and let Talenti do the work for you.
- Grilled chocolate chip cookies or Grilled Skillet Berry Pie anyone?!
- Buttermilk Pie topped with fresh berries. Find the recipe from Simply Recipes.
From a sweet-tart lemonade to more adult-friendly beverages, quench your thirst with our roundup of summer faves.
- Perfect Lemonade — the O.G. summertime drink. Find the recipe at Simply Recipes.
- Blackberry Iced Tea — a classic with a sweet twist. Find the recipe at My Recipes.
- Non-Alcoholic Firecracker Shots topped with a cherry. Find the recipe at At The Picket Fence.
- Blueberry Strawberry Mojito — a festive fiesta indeed. Find the recipe from Well Plated.
Soak up the sun with a day of fun and games…and maybe some friendly competition.
- Every party needs a pinata and seriously who wouldn’t want this sunglasses-wearing pineapple around?! — don’t forget the candy!
- American Flag Cornhole Set — what’s more American than a friendly game of cornhole?
- Bunch o Balloons Water Balloons — Fill and tie 100 balloons in a minute. We’re in, it is July after all.
- Giant Yard Pong — take your fave college game outdoors
- Don’t forget the festive Glow Stick Necklaces and Party Props for epic photo ops.
Pet Pawrents: Don’t forget that pets and big parties don’t always mix. Be sure to keep them safe and inside, especially if there are fireworks closeby. And watch if they are roaming around, they don’t get too close to the grill or end up chewing on food that may be toxic for them. [AVMA]
Swirled may be compensated when users click on the affiliate links in this article. Products are in stock at the time of publication.