This Balsamic Chickpea And Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe Is Your New Guiltless Pleasure
These days, a good salad is the equivalent of that surprisingly decadent-tasting Greek yogurt you got from the grocery store. Basically, it’s proof that you can stay healthy and love what you’re eating at the same time. And what’s better than that?
This balsamic chickpea and cherry tomato salad recipe is as simple as it is delicious. You can toss it all together to create a flavor-packed lunch in less than five minutes. Oh, and bonus: All of the ingredients needed for this salad are pretty cheap. Bam — meal woes gone.
Balsamic Chickpea And Cherry Tomato Salad
- 1 big handful of your favorite greens (we used spinach)
- 3/4 cup of canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced
- Half of an avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Toss all your ingredients into a bowl and mix, or if you’re meal prepping, pack the produce and dressing separately, then mix them together when you’re ready to eat.