Shrimp Poutine With Fried Eggs Is An Awesome Spin On A Canadian Classic
This Shrimp Poutine from Seabird chef Bahr Rapaport is an awesome spin on a Canadian classic.
2 Tbsp Flour
4 Tbsp Butter
3 cups Milk
1/2 cup Shredded swiss cheese
1 Tbsp Harissa
1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 lbs French fries
1/2 lb Thick-cut bacon
1. Make a mornay sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan. Once melted, add the flour. Once your roux browns a little, whisk in the milk on low heat until you get a thick bechamel.
2. Add the Swiss cheese and harissa to create a spiced mornay. Toss the shrimp in the mornay and cook through.
3. In a separate pan, fry up your eggs and bacon.
4. Fry the potatoes until golden brown.
5. When all the ingredients are ready, assemble your dish by placing fries on the bottom, topped with shrimp and cheese sauce, then topped with fried egg and crispy bacon.
Tip: For at home use you can use frozen fries or hash browns and can bake in the oven.
Sign up for our newsletter.
Say hello to the best part of your day.