This Is How Much Time You Need Between Flights In The World’s Busiest Airports
No one wants to be bolting through a foreign airport at a dead sprint trying to catch a connecting flight. Sometimes you can’t help a last-minute race to the gate due to flight delays or complications, but when you’re booking a flight with a transfer, you want to make sure that there’s enough time to get off one plane and onto another. Here’s how much time you need to transfer between flights in some of the busiest airports around the world.
- Beijing Capital International Airport — Beijing, China
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport — Shanghai, China
- Rio de Janeiro–Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport — Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Incheon International Airport — Seoul, South Korea (an hour and 40 minutes is fine)
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport — Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
- Brussels Airport — Brussels, Belgium
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport — Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
- Dubai Airport — Dubai, United Arab Emirates (75 minutes is better)
- Hong Kong International Aiport — Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- O. R. Tambo International Airport — Johannesburg, South Africa
- Los Angeles International Airport — Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport — Madrid, Spain
- Miami International Airport — Miami, Florida, U.S.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport — Paris, France
- Sydney Airport — Sydney, Australia
- Tokyo International Airport — Tokyo, Japan
- Berlin Tegel “Otto Lilienthal” Airport — Berlin, Germany
- Frankfurt Airport — Frankfurt, Germany
- Istanbul Atatürk Airport — Istanbul, Turkey
- Heathrow Airport — London, United Kingdom
- John F. Kennedy International Airport — New York City, New York, U.S.
- Singapore Changi Airport — Singapore, Singapore
- Vienna International Airport — Vienna, Austria
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol — Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Cologne Bonn Airport — Cologne, Germany
- Düsseldorf Airport — Düsseldorf, Germany
- Hamburg Airport — Hamburg, Germany
- Munich Airport — Munich, Germany
- Leonardo da Vinci International Airport — Rome, Italy
- Stuttgart Airport — Stuttgart, Germany
- Zurich Airport — Zurich, Switzerland
Sign up for our newsletter.
Say hello to the best part of your day.