This Old School Hot Chocolate Recipe Will Send You To Cocoa Nirvana
Hot chocolate is the liquid of the gods, but let’s face it — bad hot chocolate is almost as disappointing as rain on your wedding day. Don’t be a victim of poorly made hot chocolate, friends. You deserve better, and we’re here to give you the best. Here’s the most incredible, easy hot chocolate recipe. (You’re gonna be obsessed.)
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-processed, trust us!)
- 3 cups of whole milk or heavy cream
- 8 ounces of melted dark chocolate, a few tablespoons set to the side
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- Whipped cream, for serving
Warm the milk on the stove on medium-high heat or until it’s subtly simmering. Add the cocoa powder, dark chocolate and white sugar, and stir until it’s melty. Take it off the heat.
Take the tablespoons of melted chocolate and pour them in your mug of choice. Then, ladle in the hot chocolate. Top it with whipped cream, and enjoy!