This Rich Spinach And Artichoke Dip Is All Kinds Of Cheesy
Chef Troy Guard, from Guard and Grace in Denver, takes everyone’s favorite bar snack to the next level with prosciutto, goat cheese, and pepperoncini peppers.
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
1 ½ cup yellow onion, diced
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup flour
¼ cup butter
16 oz. chicken stock
16 oz. whole milk
16 oz. heavy cream
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
2 pounds frozen spinach defrosted
1 cup grilled artichoke hearts
½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
¼ cup pepperoncini peppers, chopped
¼ cup crispy prosciutto, chopped
1 Tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
1. Sweat down the garlic and onions in oil until translucent.
2. Make a roux with the flour, butter, sweated onions and garlic.
3. Add chicken stock, milk and cream to the mixture. Mix well, making sure there are no lumps.
4. Add both cheeses (parmesan and jack).
5. Mix well until incorporated.
6. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts and let cool.
7. Top spinach dip with goat cheese, pepperoncini peppers, prosciutto and chopped parsley.
8. Serve with chips, crackers or crostini.
Sign up for our newsletter.
Say hello to the best part of your day.