11 Books That Will Inspire You To Be More Productive
We hope you find these products useful! Swirled may be compensated when users click on the affiliate links in the story below. Prices are accurate and products are in stock at the time of publication.
Need a little productivity boost? Don’t we all. Sometimes that refreshing mint tea or your “You can do it!” desk sticker just don’t cut it. In times of a major productivity block, you can turn to one of these 11 books to get you back on track. You might feel like a whole new person afterward.
1. “Getting Things Done: The Art Of Stress Free Productivity” – David Allen
The Skinny: You’ll learn how to achieve more mental clarity to complete tasks, as well as how to rewire your brain for success.
The Skinny: J.D. Meyer offers a number of ways to simplify your life by implementing day-to-day mental tactics.
3. “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People” — Stephen Covey
The Skinny: You’ll learn to prioritize the tasks in your life so you can focus on what’s most important. The book uses habits of influential people to construct a pathway to a more productive life.
4. “The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business” — Charles Duhigg
The Skinny: If you’re interested in learning about your habits, how you formed them and how to break them, this is the book to read. The first three chapters delve into the science behind habits.
5. “Eat That Frog!” — Brian Tracey
The Skinny: This book explains why you should be tackling the least appealing tasks at the beginning of the workday, and how the approach will rewire you for productivity and success.
6. “Mindfulness In Plain English” — Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
The Skinny: This mindfulness-focused book is geared toward making your entire day more productive. You’ll learn to clear your mind at the beginning of the day to leave room for all your tasks.
7. “The Power of Full Engagement” — Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz
The Skinny: If you’re interested in breaking down your day to figure out how you can be most efficient, this book is for you. The authors use the day-to-day schedules and habits of high-performers in every field to explain how they sustain energy and focus.
8. “The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do To Get It” — Kelly McGonigal
The Skinny: This book explains that the root of productivity is self-control and the willpower to say no to distractions that derail your progress. You’ll learn how to improve your willpower and self-discipline by the end.
9. “Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?” — Seth Godin
The Skinny: The author discusses how to become a “linchpin,” which is someone who is indispensable to his or her organization and who takes intelligent risks. You’ll learn how to become so productive, your workplace can’t live without you.
10. “The Happiness Advantage“ — Shawn Achor
The Skinny: Shawn Achor argues that happiness is the way to be more productive. He shows readers a number of ways to boost everyday happiness in order to get more done.
11. “The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play” — Neil Fiore
The Skinny: This book is all about overcoming procrastination and the mental block that is keeping you from productivity. You’ll learn all kinds of mental hacks, including how to change the “I have to” mindset to an “I choose to” approach.
Sign up for our newsletter.
Say hello to the best part of your day.